Home of the Edward I Moses Walk/Run for Life
St. Lawrence County Cancer Fund
* Douglas C. Hartson Sr. Award: Top Fundraiser
* Roscoe Stowell Jr. Award: top student fundraiser
* Duane Garrow Award: top fundraiser, ages 13 and under
* Ryan Saidel Trophy: top school group
* Bonnie Hayden Award: 2nd place school group
* Eric Murdle Award: All Teams raising $50,000 or more
* Edward I. Moses Walk/Run for Life Silver Elite Plaque:
Names of all participants raising $1,000 for event
* Terri Curtis Award: All participants raising $10,000 cumulative at the event
* Grace Dyke-Ware Plaque: Names of persons with dedication or memorial amounts of $500 or more
* Shirley Kirk: Top Kinney Drug Employee Fundraiser
* Taylor Cup: Top Kinney Drug Team
Download the Participation Form . . here.
Nancy G. Garrand
Norma Jean Colton
See more photos from last year's . event.
* Participation Mementos (Goodie Bag) - 1st 300 registrants.
* Refreshments during event by various sponsors.
* Movie Pass - JS Cinemas.
* Above Prizes Plus with additional event T-shirt
* Above Prizes Plus 1 Chance FOR EACH $100 raised to win one of the grand prizes plus 1/2 gallon ice cream from Stewart’s Shops.
* Above Prizes Plus $10 off a $50 purchase from MVP Sports, Potsdam.
* Buy one buffet at regular price, get second buffet at half price at Potsdam Ponderosa.
* Subway certificate: One 3” Breakfast Sandwich each week for one year.
* A 12 pack of a Pepsi product each month for six months.
* Additional Subway certificate: One 6” Sub each week for one year.
* Additional - 1/2 gallons of ice cream from Stewart’s Shops.
The Edward I. Moses Walk/Run for Life is a non-competitive walk/run to raise money for the fight against cancer in St. Lawrence County. Our goal this year is to collectively raise over $70,000.
Sunday, April 30th, 2017.
Registration from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Official start at 11:00 a.m.
Grand Prize Ceremony at 1:00 p.m.
Appleton Arena, St. Lawrence University, Canton.
Start, finish, health fair, music provided and Grand Prize Ceremony will all be held at the arena.
The walk/run route covers 1-10 miles on the St. Lawrence Campus, either Ferguson Trail (1.0 mile per lap, 1.3 miles per woods loop) or on the outdoor track (.25 miles per lap).
Anyone can participate with a minimum $25 entry or sponsor fee. You can walk, run, jog, push a stroller, etc. You can choose to participate individually or as a group.
Groups may include schools, co-workers, civic
organizations, fraternities/sororities, families, or people walking in memory of/dedication to an individual. Each group member must fill out their own registration form with a minimum of $25 entry or sponsor fee, filling out their group name at the bottom of the registration form.
Participants are responsible for collecting donations before the event. Participants should explain to sponsors how many miles they plan to complete, as donations are made on participation, not as a pledge-per-mile.
All money is to be handed in April 30th before the event start in order to be counted toward the participant’s total for the event.
Every sponsor of your participation for at least $20 will be entitled to one similar commemorative T-shirt that you are responsible for distributing. They can be picked up at registration.
Make checks payable to:
Edward I. Moses Walk/Run
P.O. Box 291
Canton, NY 13617
Food will be available for purchase at the event.
Founded in 1979, the Edward I. Moses Walk/Run for Life has been raising money toward the local fight against cancer for decades! Thanks to the sponsorship of local businesses we are able to reward participants with prizes, goodie bags and t-shirts while still keeping every dollar raised in St. Lawrence County. To date, the E.I. Moses Walk/Run for Life has raised nearly $1.5 million which has been distributed to local charities.